Tuesday, April 16, 2019

I Give Up!



“Greg!  Why aren’t you dressed… in like, any clothes at all!.  The cab is gonna be here in 10 minutes!”
Greg blushed and looked at the floor.  He was embarrassed and scared, although nowadays they were very common emotions.  There were a ton of reasons he wasn’t dressed.  He didn’t feel sexy in any of his new outfits, even though he picked them out with Alexus the other day, he was nervous he’d look stupid in front of the guys at the bar and last but not least, he felt fat.
“I….” Greg began, still unable to look Alexus in the eyes.  “I just thought we could spend the night together… Maybe watch some Netflix… I heard the new season of Bojack is…”
“Jesus fucking Christ, there’s just no helping you is there?” She scolded.
Greg didn’t respond.
“I was the one person that believed you when Rachel stole your body, I even stayed with you until we could figure out how to get you accustomed to your new body and life but that’s never gonna happen, is it?”
Greg still said nothing.
“Look, you were the one that told me you found men attractive.  I’m only trying to help but I can’t if you keep letting your new emotions get the better of you!”
“I… I’m sorry.  I’m trying, I’m… I’m just nervous.  I promise I’ll…”
“AND ANOTHER THING”, she interrupted again.  “2 weeks ago you wouldn’t take that kind of shit, even from me!  I’m DONE!  You’re cute but there’s just no changing you!  Other than your memories, you’re 100% Rachel and I’m just going to have to accept that!”
Greg finally looked up at his girlfriend, but only to blush.  Alexus just shook her head and walked out the door.  The cab was here and it was apparent that he only really listened to the one compliment.
Greg sighed.  He wasn’t as crushed as Alexus probably thought he was.  He knew a plus-sized nerdy girl like him.  He knew it was only a matter of time before she gave up on him.  He had done it himself after only a couple of days.  He knew he would never be the same after he spent a night gushing over his old facebook photos.  
He paused for a second.  He WAS already naked… and he had that tab open ever since… and Alexus just left.  He quickly went to the washroom to grab a towel to lay on his bed.  Nobody likes sleeping on a wet spot!

No comments:

Post a Comment